ICYMI: El Paso High School Announces Top 10 Percent, Graduation Date

Per district communications

(EL PASO INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT — April 28, 2020) — EPISD announced  the proposed new dates for the Class of 2020 graduation ceremonies dates that were forced to be postponed due to health guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic impacting the globe.

“EPISD remains committed to celebrating the accomplishments of the Class of 2020,” said Superintendent Juan E. Cabrera.

“We are excited about the prospect of giving our graduating seniors the ceremonies they have worked hard to earn, but we also want to continue to do our part to keep our community healthy and safe,” Cabrera added. “The new proposed dates give El Pasoans the opportunity to pull together behind our seniors and flatten the infection curve. Let’s help our seniors walk the stage.”

Ceremonies are contingent upon the City of El Paso lifting its ban on large gatherings.

Updated May 7

On May 5, TEA Commissioner Mike Morath announced four different ways for Texas schools to celebrate graduating seniors.

• Completely virtual ceremonies – entirely online using videoconference or other technologies
  • Hybrid ceremonies – can consist of videos of students being recognized and celebrate in small groups
  • Vehicle ceremonies – students and their families wait in their vehicles as they wait their turn to be recognized
  • Outdoor venue in-person ceremonies

Monday, June 29

• El Paso High School, 7 p.m. at Jones Stadium.

The El Paso High School class of 2020 consist of 377 seniors. Here are the top 10 percent.

Congratulations, Tigers.

• Andre Torres (not pictured)